Return to main home page
Some Recent Presentations given by Manish K Gupta !
- The Mathematics of DNA Codes, 84th Annual Indian Mathematical Society Conference, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Jammu, November 2018. (Invited Speaker)
- On DNA codes using the ring Z_4+wZ_4, IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), June 2018, Vail, USA
- Algebraic and Computational DNA Codes National Conference on Discrete Mathematics (NCDM-2017) and Graph Theory XIII, June 2017. (Invited Speaker)
- Sustainable Technologies for Clean Energy: Challenges and Opportunities, Gujarat Science Congress, February 5, 2017, PDPU, Gandhinagar. (Invited Speaker)
- The Art of DNA Strings: Data Storage, US-India Advanced Studies Institute: Classical and Quantum Information, International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, TIFR Bangalore, Jan 2, 2017
- The Art of DNA Strings, International symposium on computational biology and DNA computing organized by Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission (GSBTM), DST, Govt. of Gujarat & Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT), November 26, 2016 (Invited Speaker)
- Some Interdisciplinary Emerging Opportunities in Science and Technology, Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies in Science and Technology (CISST), Sardar Patel University, March 4, 2016. (Plenary Speaker)
- Why Incubation Center? IEEE India Entrepreneurship development program, GIFT city, Ahmedabad,
May 15, 2015 (Invited Distinguished Speaker)
- Mathematical and Computational Opportunities in DNA Computing, NNMCB Symposium on Mathematical and Computational Biology, March 21-22, 2015, IIT Gandhinagar (Invited Speaker)
- How to store Elephants? Indo-US conference and workshop on synthetic and systems biology, Nov 9-12, 2014, JNU, New Delhi (Invited Speaker)
- Self-assembly of DNA: Overview, Opportunities and Challenges, Biodesign India 1.0 symposium on synthetic biology, Oct 7-9, 2010, Trivandrum, Kerala (Invited Speaker)
- Biological Coding Theory I: Introduction
Biological Coding Theory II: Coding Theory for DNA Computing and Microarray
Biological Coding Theory III:Coding Theory for DNA Self Assembly
COM2MAC Mini Workshop on Biological Coding Theory,
COM2MAC Center, Postech University,
Pohang, South Korea, 27-28 June 2005
(Invited Keynote Speaker for 3 hours lectures)
- On Modular Gray Map,
Special Session on Algebraic Coding Theory, Central Section Meeting #995, American Mathematical Society,
Athens,OH, 26-27 March 2004 (Invited)
- Biological Coding Theory: The Emerging Paradigm?
DIMACS Workshop on Algebraic Coding Theory and Information Theory,
DIMACS Center, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, 15-18 December 2003 (Invited)
- Coding Theory, Biology and Quantum Computers
Conference and workshop on Coding Theory and Quantum Computing, University of Virginia Charlottesville, Virginia 20-24 May 2003
- On Quaternary MacDonald Codes IEEE International Conference on Information Technology: Coding and Computing ITCC 2003 April 28-30, 2003
The Orleans, Las Vegas, Nevada
- On Some Modular Linear Codes
Workshop on Coding and Cryptography, CODING THEORY AND DATA INTEGRITY, 10 - 13 September 2001
Institute for Mathematical Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- On Z_4 Codes Satisfying the Chain Condition
25th Australasian Conference on Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing, University of Canterbury Christchurch, New Zealand, December 4-8, 2000
Selected Invited Talks, Colloquia and Seminars:
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, DST Inspire Science Camp, Bhatinda, Punjab, December 27, 2019
- The Magic of DNA, Series of two Public Lectures, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia, October 23, 2019.
- The beauty of Indian Mathematics, Conference on Ancient Indian Scientist and their contributions, Dindayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, 23-24 January 2019.
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, DST Inspire Science Camp, Bhatinda, Punjab, December 26, 2018
- The Magic of DNA, Department of Biological Engineering, IIT Gandhinagar, August 24, 2018
- The Art of DNA strings: Data Storage, University of Denver, 22 June 2018 (IEEE ITSOC and CS-DL Invited Distinguished Speaker)
- How not to work at Google?, ADMA Discrete Mathematics and Start-up day, June 9, 2018, DA-IICT
- A Story of Computational Fashion, National Institute of Fashion Technology, Gandhinagar, May 24, 2018
- How not to work at Google?, Gujarat Student Start-up Meet at Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat, May 2018
- Some Interdisciplinary Emerging opportunities in Science and Technology: The Art of DNA Strings, Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission (GSBTM), Govt. of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, 24 October 2016.
- A Story of Nature: Emerging Trends in Life Sciences, Department of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat, Solan, HP, November 13, 2014.
- A Story of Natural Engineering, DST- Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), May 26, 2014
- How to code the cloud using weak dress codes?, DST- Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), May 27, 2014
- A Story of Natural Engineering, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT) Lab, Jan 10, 2014, Bangalore
- Calculus, where are you? Pedagogy Sessions in Calculus, Gujarat Technological University, June 28, 2012
- Mathematics of Natural Information Processing, Scope of Research in Applied Mathematics, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, India, April 17, 2010
- Network Coding and Sensor Networks,
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar, India February 7, 2007.
- How to count with DNA?
International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore, India October 18, 2006.
- How to count with DNA?
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, India October 4, 2006.
- How to count with DNA?
Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India September 20, 2006.
- Structural Coding and Information Theory for Biological Systems
California Institute for Quantitative Biomedical Research, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA, May 8, 2006.
- Information Processing in Biology: Algorithmic Self-Assembly,
Opportunities and Challenges for Coding Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ohio State University, OH, USA, February 8, 2005.
- Codes and Biology: A Second Emerging Bridge, Department of Mathematics,
San Diego State University, CA, USA, September 25, 2003.
- Quantum Codes, Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India, October 4, 2001.
- A Story of Quantum Codes, Department of Mathematics, National University of Singapore, Singapore, August 31, 2001.
- A Story of Quantum Error Correction, Department of Mathematics, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand, August 21, 2001.
- Electronic Commerce Takes Off, Infosys Technologies Ltd (India), Bangalore, July 6, 2000. Slides PDF
- Developments in Coding Theory:1948-1998, IBM India Research Lab, New Delhi, India, March 25, 1998.